Daily Dirt - 6/20/12
Due to a child care snafu, the DirtKing is stuck at home for the next two days with all four Little DirtBags! Should be an interesting few days…it’s taken over an hour to write this blog with all of the interruptions…I’ve changed two diapers, put a band-aid on a skinned knee, unplugged a toilet, and gotten gum out of hair. UGH!! Anyway, here’s what I’ve got…
• Multiple sources have reported that David Patrick will become an assistant at LSU. Patrick is a Louisiana-Lafayette grad who has spent time as an assistant at St. Mary’s (CA) and also served as a scout for the Houston Rockets. He will replace Shawn Forrest who resigned a few weeks ago for personal reasons.
• I can confirm that K.T. Turner will become an assistant at Wichita State. A great source tells me that WSU is just waiting for confirmation from HR before making the announcement. Turner spent last season as an assistant at Texas A&M-Corpus Christi. He has big-time JC ties having served as an assistant at Hutchinson CC, Cowley CC and Redlands CC. Turner would replace Dana Ford who departed for Illinois State.
• There are a bunch of names circulating as possible replacements for Mike Dunlap at St. John’s. Since Dunlap took the Bobcats job yesterday, the rumors have been swirling. I can confirm that Tiny Morton, the head coach at Abraham Lincoln HS (NYC) has expressed his interest in joining the staff. Other names that have come up are former Wake Forest head coach Dino Gaudio, former St. John’s head coach Fran Fraschilla, and Chicago Bulls assistant Ed Pinckney.
• I have heard that Jacksonville State assistant Ben Hicks is involved with an assistant spot at Columbus State. Hicks has also served as the head coach and AD at Alabama Southern CC .
• Joe Lightfoot has been relieved of his duties as the head basketball coach at Kankakee Community College. The dismissal becomes official effective June 30th. Lightfoot has been involved with the KCC program for 17 seasons as a player, assistant, and head coach. He has amassed nearly 400 wins during that span.
• From a great source…Keith Hack will be appointed as the top assistant at SUNY-New Paltz. He led Medaille to the DIII national tournament in 2010 and was Player of the Year in the Allegheny Mountain Conference as well that year. He has since been coaching the 716 Crusaders AAU team based out of Buffalo and has been an assistant at Niagara C.C. the past 2 seasons.
• I posted the job at Rosemont College last night (http://hoopdirt.com/job/17f99bb9/head-coach-rosemont-college…). I just learned that the job opened because head coach Ryan Tozer will become the new HC at Friends Central (PA). He will replace Jason Polykoff who became an assistant at Penn last week. Tozer is a Friends Central alum.
You must LOGIN to post a comment